Days I've been in the field...

Saturday, December 25, 2010

Funny How Time Flies...

Wow... it is really dusty in here. I apologize for my absence. I failed magnificently in keeping this thing updated, and for that I'm sorry. But since we are here now and I can't fix the past, let me see if I can't montage us to the present.

Got permission, over a nice dinner at Outback. I have done some pretty scary things, but nothing is more harrowing than sitting across the table from two people who's little girl you are trying to marry. I also heard many different elaborate plans of actual proposal, not to mention the amount of youtube videos I watched trying to cobble together something unique. But it was from her step-dad that I got the best advice on how to do it. He looked me square in the eye and said, "Just get down on one knee and ask her already!" So I did.

I immediately drove over to her apartment and waited. When she came home we exchanged pleasantries, and when she turned her back towards me she asked, "So what's new?" I dropped to my knee, pulled out the ring and said, "Oh... just this." She turned around and BAM! Engagement ring all up in her face. She started fanning her face and then she tackled me. It was several minutes later when she said yes. And everything was good, until she Ikea Table Legged me.

Dun, dun, DUNNNNNNNN! Cliffhanger! More to come in the next few days, so stay tuned....

1 comment: